Welcome to Expacked (Issue #80)
With semester one quickly coming to an end, most teachers will be now turning their attentions to summer camps and their upcoming vacations. Its worth reminding people that there is also a bunch of exciting events happening over the next couple of weeks.
Here’s a quick highlight of major events:
- The 13th Annual Boryeong Mud Festival starts this week, the 17th of July and runs through to the 25th.
- Pentaport Rock Festival is on July 23rd to 25th
- Jisan Valley Rock Festival is on the 30th of July to 1st of August
- Summer Week & T Music Festival is on the 6th & 7th of August
If you have the time (and the money), any of these events will be a great way to enjoy the hot summer days.
Here are the teaching related stories this week:
- Tighter visa rules urged for foreign teachers
- Work visas getting easier for teachers
- Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency offers ATEK an official advisory role
- TOEFL for juniors to debut here
- EFL/ESL Native English Teacher Speaking Tests in a Korean Public High School — Planning and giving speaking tests Part 1
- School fibs on test-takers
- Teachers’ union seeks payment from lawmaker
- Battle intensifies for $2bn English-teaching business in China
- Jokes: (1) Grandpa (2) $400 a night
Feel free to comment on any of these stories and continue to share Expacked with your friends. Enjoy the read and, of course, have a good laugh at this week’s jokes.
If you haven’t already, you can always subscribe directly to receive the full weekly newsletter through email or RSS feed. Click on one of the options below to subscribe:
|Email Subscribe||RSS Subscribe|