Skip to content

On Getting an F-2 Visa and Becoming a Resident

April 1, 2010

On February 1, 2010, Korean Immigration decided to change some of the rules regarding immigration into Korea. One of the rules was that most E-series visa holders (a visa tied to your job) could apply for and receive an F-series visa (a visa based more on citizenship, heritage, or residency – not simply a working visitor).

According to some information from and “miljeong”, a credible-sounding person on ESL Cafe, the guidelines won’t let the average English teacher gain the coveted upgrade – but there’s hope yet.

Click Here for the Full Story (Thanks to Chris and his fantastic blog, Chris in South Korea)


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: